Tools used for gardening: Here are the major reasons why one should consider getting a pair of trusty gardening gloves:
Tools used for gardening 2021 – Healthy hands are the Gardener’s Best Tools
Gloves protect your hands from blisters, thorns, and cuts while doing rough work like digging or pruning in the garden. Investing in one or more pairs of quality gloves is a good decision.
Here are some tips on how to choose the pair that will suit you best:
- Look for quality leather gloves with a cloth back; this will let the gloves breathe and keep your hands dry, cool and comfortable.
- If mud bothers you, select rubber gloves with cotton lining.
- When spraying pesticides or chemicals choose gloves that are made from neoprene. Gloves made from latex or any type of plastic may not offer the best protection.
- When pruning roses, use gloves that reach up to the arms.
- If you usually operate large garden machinery, buy gloves in brown instead of red as the latter may dye your hands.
- Light cotton or even fingerless gloves may be useful for transplanting seedlings. They will allow more dexterity and so help to prevent the tiny roots from being crushed.
- And of course, make sure that the gloves you buy actually fit your hands. If you have small hands, try the children’s gardening section. there’s nothing worse than trying to garden is gloves that are too big.
Your gloves must be comfortable as well as give protection to best serve your gardening needs.